Tuesday, July 14, 2009

College Orientation...tiring

It was all cool. It was a pretty intense day.

So I had to wake up early since it's a 2 hour drive up to Riverside from here. The orientation started at 9AM, which means I had to leave my house at 7.

So, we arrived. It was first meeting the advisors. My advisor was a cool guy.

We began our tour. Mostly, it was just looking around and learning the school chants and stuff. That was for just a little later where we had a test of enthusiasm. Our team didn't win, but it was pretty intense.

I think after that was lunch. It was decent. Not much to say.

After that, we went to an event called "Playfair", which was the huge community gathering to play some team building games. It was lame at points, and fun at points. That lasted a while.

Dinner was after that. Dinner was also decent.

Then came the intense (in all seriousness) "Building Our Common Ground". The whole community got together in a "silent conversation" where we were all asked serious questions and responded by congregating. It was pretty intense, everyone was so serious, but I think it was a good experience.

After that was a performance by the theatre troop. It was aplay about college issues. It was entertaining, and sad, and funny, and overall a very good performance. Makes me want to join theatre.

Night fell (actually it came earlier) and the night events started. There were 3 rooms. One room had arts 'n' crafts and board games. There was more socializing than actual doing of arts and games. There was another room that had one Wii in it, Brawl was playing. I spent most of the night in there. I kept coming in second, extremely close matches. There was also a room hosting a dance. Another social-y event, but with dancing, and Michael Jackson music.

I went to sleep at midnight. Decently late for me.

Day two, awoke at 7AM to meet up with advisors. We had breakfast. That was also decent.

Leanred about registering for classes here. Long lecture, but helpful.

Lunch. Same deal, different meal.

A short lecture about living on campus.

Then it was time to actually register for classes. Didn't take too long once I figured it out. Also went to take pictures for IDs.

Once that was all done with, it was time to say good-byes. I have no doubt that I'll see a lot of the people that I met there again in the fall. I think College is going to be one hell of an experience.

1 comment: